- The videos on this page relate to topics from Section 3.3 of our current text. The section continues discussions of polynomial functions. In this section, we are concentrating on factoring.
- Graphing polynomials, part 1
- Graphing polynomials, part 2
- Selected problems, part 1
- Selected problems, part 2
We remind you that polynomial functions are extremely important for several reasons: polynomials are analogous to the integers; because of the fundamental theorem of algebra any polynomial factors uniquely (up to the order of the factors) over the complex numbers; and they are understood via a variety of techniques such as factoring, determining their roots or intercepts, long term behavior, and the behavior of their critical points.